I am thankful for so many things… far too many to write here.
But let me see if I can get a conversation started.
1. I am thankful for God, in each trinitarian form. Thank you Father, Son & Holy Ghost. He forgave me, forgives me and will keep forgiving me. I need it often, and his grace is truly sufficient. He guides me moment by moment, when I will listen. Thank You.
2. I am thankful for the Bible. Truth. I need it. I thrive on it. I long for it. And I live in a world where I can have it on my phone or basically anywhere else. I am thankful.
3. I am thankful for the church. First for my actual church, Four Rivers Church… but secondly for the local church all over the place. The church is God’s primary instrument on this planet. And the church does so many things that bless the world. Thank you church.
4. I am thankful for my wife. She is so much better than me. I know men say this all the time, but I truly married up. She continues to provide a great example of love and service for me. She keeps me humble and drives me to new heights. Thanks Steph. I love you.
5. I am thankful for my boys. They love me more than anyone else. They need me. They trust me beyond belief. And I strive every day to be the man my boys think I am. I love them. And I am thankful for them.
6. I am thankful for my home. I love where I live. Peaceful. Serene. Private. Calm. It is all of those things. I take respite and sabbath in my home. I love it.
7. I am thankful for my dogs, Tramp and Mandy. They are truly my best friends. They would die for me without thinking twice. They would protect me at all cost. Although they depend on me, it often feels more like I depend on them. I am thankful.
8. I am thankful for my parents, in-laws, brother & brother-in-laws. They provide the greater base of family that simply can’t be provided in any other way. I see each of them every week. I feel so connected to family because of them. They know the real me and help challenge me forward. I am thankful.
9. I am thankful for my jobs. I pastor Four Rivers, coach church planters, teach for Mid-Continent University and just recently… write sports stories for CagePages.com. (That last one doesn’t pay… so I don’t think I can call it a job.) But it’s really cool. These jobs provide for my family. They give me areas to grow. They keep me focused on reality. They are great.
10. It’s in a totally different & lesser level… but I’m thankful for my technology tools. iPad, iPhone, iMac & Sony Laptop. They keep me organized & efficient. I couldn’t do life the way I do without them. They have each been gifts to me by friends, family or my employer. Thank You. I am blessed.
Take the challenge. List 10 things for which you are thankful. Shout it out. Say it loud.